cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Light on OnStar Button

kdulf123
New Contributor II

I have a week old 2022 Sierra SLT Texas Edition Premium Plus. The OnStar button has a red light lit. Doesnt work. Called OnStar and they don’t know. Anyone else experience this and know how to resolve. Thanks K 

7 REPLIES 7

Advisor_Makayla

If the LED light next to the blue OnStar button in your vehicle is illuminated as Red, we recommend that you reach out to your preferred certified GM Dealership. They will be in the best position to diagnose and repair your OnStar hardware. If you need assistance connecting with your dealer, you can reach us at socialmedia@gm.com and we ask that you have your subject line as ‘ATTN: OnStar Community/kdulf123’ so we can reference back to this post. 

kdulf123
New Contributor II

Dealer diagnosed as a bad OnStar module. Had to order part. Dealer did good job.  Said it could take weeks. So from day one when I bought the truck, the $1500 OnStar sticker item hasn’t worked one day. 

We certainly understand how frustrating part delays can be. If you would like our teams assistance during the repair process, please feel free to send an email to socialmedia@gm.com with  ‘ATTN: OnStar Community/kdulf123’  in the subject line. 

kdulf123
New Contributor II

I will send a note to the social media address you provided. 

AngelCharles
New Contributor

Am also looking for help in somehow same problem I stuck for few time. anyone here now?

kdulf123
New Contributor II

Dealer changed onstar module and all is well currently. Light is green. 

Adonis
New Contributor

The OnStar button requires a strong and stable cellular network connection to function properly. If there is a weak or no network signal, it could cause the button to malfunction.