cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myGMC app not showing correct status information..

bucko21
New Contributor

Bought this used 19 Terrain 2 weeks ago, on delivery OnStar couldn't activate my system, they assured me it was on their end not mine. It would take 24 to 48 hours to rectify. 48 hours later I call to find out what is going on and no one knows about it, I get another tech agent who sets me up. That night, I try installing the myGMC app to remote start etc. It doesn't work. I "press the blue button" and play games with different advisors till the final one says " I am pushing this up to engineering, you will get a call within 5-7 business days. The following day I get a call from engineering I assume, telling me I have to drive the car for 5 minutes then push the button so they can push an update to me. I call that night after work, and I get a VERY NASTY advisor telling me I was told it would take 5-7 business days! I read him the email which the tech sent me, and his response was yea hold on! I get pushed off on another advisor who tells me the same thing! When I finally got nasty, I was pushed off to another advisor who told me the same thing till I said either read the notes on my account or cancel my service! She read the notes and apologized. I was then told to un-install and re-install the app for the 10th time! Still nothing changed. I decided at that point I would wait the 5-7 business days. I have heard NOTHING about this. I called last night and was told by an advisor to re-install the app, I refused! I was pushed off on a tech advisor who put me on hold to try something. The phone was then picked up by someone who sounded like she just got out of bed and when I said I was on hold with another advisor she then transferred me to the 4th advisor of the call who tried to help me and told me after my being on the phone with them for 45 minutes, drive the car for 5 minutes and it should work, if not to call back and they would guess what? Escalate it to engineering!! The sad part is, I fixed the issue with the remote starting and lock and unlock by plugging in the phone to the car via the USB port. The car status still shows the info from when the car was lease returned in June! 2 weeks and 1 day now since this ordeal started. At this point I am giving up hope of it EVER WORKING or for that matter me getting tech support for this issue as I too can read a screen with options, you know un-install and re-install the app that fixes everything! I have been an OnStar subscriber since 2004 paying my $30-$40 a month for up to 3 cars at a time. This support is PITIFUL! Guess what I will no longer be a subscriber after my free period is up! I'm done being jerked around pushed off on different people. Never have I ever dealt with the incompetence that I am dealing with on this!! If you can fix my issue I will stay on, if not goodbye.  

0 REPLIES 0