cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myChevrolet App Issues

ljschoepke
Contributor
I have had the following issues with the myChevrolet app since an update back in February.  These are all documented issues.  When is Executive Escalations going to fix these?

1. "Vehicle Status" > "Fuel Efficiency" - Not working (Bogus number) - Can't select between "Lifetime" and "Trip A" as in previous version of app. (Both vehicles)

2. Widget, when installed states "No Data Available".  No option to select vehicle when installing. (Both vehicles)

3. "Recommended" Front and Rear Tire Pressure states "34 psi".  Should be "35 psi". (This was correct back in February in older version of the app.)(Both vehicles)

UPDATE (9-OCT-2022)
As of an update (Version 5.19.0 (4134)) on 8-OCT-2022, the "myChevrolet" Widget is no longer available.

Regards,
LJS From Normal, IL
8 REPLIES 8

Advisor_Carol

Hello. For further assistance with your mobile app concerns and so we can check on the status of your case with our Executive Relations Team, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OnStar Community/ljschoepke" in the subject line. Our team is happy to help in any way we can.

ljschoepke
Contributor

These issues have been documented and confirmed with the Executive Relations Team for months and are still not fixed.  Why should I trust your Guardian app when you can't even fix your current app?  Very poor customer service and customer communications concerning these issues.

We regret to hear about your ongoing frustration and would be happy to look into your situation to provide any additional support we can. In order to do so, please feel free to send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OnStar Community/ljschoepke" in the subject line. We'll keep an eye out for your message. 

FredV
New Contributor

@Advisor_Carol ... I have to ask, what is so difficult about getting the app to work as advertised? I've noticed many people with the same complaint, not only in this board, but other auto enthusiasts boards. With all the assets of GM at their disposal, this should be fixed immediately without excuses.

Hello. If you are having concerns with your your mobile, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OnStar Community/FredV" in the subject line. We are happy to help.

crice2425
New Contributor

I've been having problems for months, I've several case numbers and have several text messages etc with several people and still no answers. My problems are the same as above. Including dashes for the info, I cant log in, my vehicle statues isnt updating like it should, it updates every 12-14 hrs, I'm currently text messaging with someone for a problem that started as my vehicle information wasnt updating, so they had me do the "troubleshooting" steps. and now i cant even log into my account via the app. It wouldnt be such a problem but i pay for this service and i'm not getting what i pay for. I will definitely keep this in mind when i buy my next vehicle. I had a tech person call me and told me that the problem was fixed and he asked me to open the app to make sure the problem was fixed and guess what... the problem hadnt been fixed and he said he would escalate my case again and i havent heard back from him or anyone. it's like none knows how to fix it and everyone is avoiding it.      

edsel6
New Contributor

This really is a joke. There have been so many updates to the MyChevy app this past year with so many negative reviews and posted issues. I too have the same issues. Got the vehicle and the app was spotty for starting/locking/unlocking the doors but did work on occasions. Then with update 6.19.0 or 6.20.0 about 1 month ago all things stopped working. The mileage is not synching, my tire pressures on 3 of the 4 tires shows low (they are not) and none of the functions to remote start, lock, unlock work. I was somehow able to connect to the vehicle about 2 weeks ago but it never updated the mileage which is now off by 1000 miles. OnStar was unable to help where I received an email stated as follows: " OnStar has determined that in order to correct the concern you are currently experiencing, it will be necessary to return your vehicle to your dealership to have your OnStar hardware diagnosed." You mean to tell me everyone that has posted the same concerns with negative feedback on the app in the App Store needs to bring their vehicles to their dealers? This really is a joke and I know it's not my hardware but a software issue with the app. I highly doubt when my trial period for the remote features (that again don't work) I will renew. 

We appreciate you bringing these ongoing concerns to our attention. This is not the experience that OnStar strives to provide our members. Moving forward, our team can certainly take a further look into your case details and account to provide any additional clarification or assistance. Please email socialmedia@gm.com with the subject headline ATTN: OnStar Community/edsel6 moving forward. We hope to hear from you soon.