cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Hotspot SSID and Password Information/Data

ljschoepke
Contributor

Please explain in detail where the "Wi-Fi Hotspot" SSID and Password data is acquired from for both the mobile app (myChevrolet) and the online/browser app (https://my.chevrolet.com).  We have a 2019 Equinox and a 2023 Trailblazer.

First the myChevrolet app. Due to other ongoing issues, I uninstall and reinstall the myChevrolet app every 1 to 3 days.  When looking at the Wi-Fi Hotspot SSID and Password (More > Wi-Fi Hotspot), I get no data.  ie. Blank field or bogus information.  So my question is, is this data queried directly from the vehicle (ie. Through your system/server) or from a database on your server?  This worked somewhat in the past.  ie. Sometimes it was correct and sometimes either no data or bogus data, but lately I get no data for either vehicle.  So I assume the data is corrupted on your system/server.  Is this a known issue?  How is this fixed?

Now for the online/browser app.  Where is the SSID and Password data queried from?  Directly from the vehicle (ie. Through your system/server) or from a database on your server?  Most of the time the SSID and Password data are correct.  Sometimes I get an error message that it cannot connect to the vehicle, so I assume this is being queried directly from the vehicle.  And sometimes I get bogus data.  Is this a known issue?  I this being investigated and to be fixed in the future?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

ljschoepke
Contributor

This is a documented issue for the myChevrolet app for some users.  It is currently in your Executive Escalations department.

ljschoepke
Contributor

Also, be aware that having a Tech Support person attempting to fix this Wi-Fi Hotstot issue may sent a "Refresh" to your vehicles and your account.  I had this done on 7/25/23 and it wiped out ALL my "Chevrolet Smart Driver" data for both of our vehicles.  The "Chevrolet Smart Driver" screen not states, "Welcome to Chevrolet Smart Driver!  As soon as your enrollment is verified, you'll be able to review driving behavior information that will help you become a smarter driver and get more out of your vehicle."  I have had NO issue with this until the Tech Support person sent the "Refresh" to our vehicles and account.  BE AWARE to NOT let them do this as they have an issue with the process!!!