cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my Chevrolet app and Alexa

saultmc
New Contributor

I am trying to setup the my Chevrolet skill in the Alexa app on my android phone.  When I go to link it I put in my email address and password that I use to log into my chevy owners site and the my chevrolet app i have for the android (which both work) but I get the message An Error Occurred.  Invalid input = "The input entered was invalid".

If I try again and choose forgot password it takes me to a GM Webpage "The new home for your GM account" and when I go to log in i get message saying "We're sorry.  Your sign-in information is associated with another country and can only be used to sign in to that country's website".

The skill in Alexa says the app is available for Canada and the US and I live in Canada.

Is the API not linked correctly?

5 REPLIES 5

Advisor_Helen

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Our team would be more than happy to take a further look into your account details and assist to the best of our abilities. If you continue to have trouble, kindly email socialmedia@gm.com with "OnStar Community/saultmc" in the subject line. 

Norris1970
New Contributor

I'm having the same type of problem. I can't seem to use my OnStar account or my Chevy account to log in. It's coming up with the with the error message of "the input entered is invalid"

If you continue to have trouble with this, please don't hesitate to send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with "OnStar Community/Norris1970" in the subject line for further assistance. Additionally, you can always push the blue OnStar button in your vehicle to connect with a live Advisor for technical support. 

Selectair
New Contributor

For the past few months, I have not been able to use the alexa skill and link to my onstar account.  I put in my username and password and it comes back with “unknown error”.  When I first bought the truck, this was really useful.  The problem is not getting resolved.  If I put in an incorrect password, it tells me that.  The log-in information works for my on-line account and in the car. 

I have disabled and re-enabled the skill and deleted and reloaded the GM app.  How do I get this back?

If Alexa is not able to connect, please ensure that your vehicle has an active data connection. You may also get an error message due to interferences in your current location, such as being in a parking structure or tunnel. Our team here would be more than happy to take a further look into things on our end. So we may, please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OnStar Community/Selectair" in the subject headline. We hope to hear from you.