cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi

try54
New Contributor II

wifi hotspot not working after remote startup.  2020 chevy silverado..  the wifi has been "reset" x2 from on-star.   is this a chevyissue or onstar issue ?   thx

29 REPLIES 29

Advisor_Shannon
New Contributor II

It is possible there could be an issue with your OnStar hardware. We'd have to look further into your account to understand the errors you are receiving to know for sure. If you are still having trouble with your WiFi, don't hesitant to contact an Advisor at socialmedia@gm.com or by pushing the blue OnStar button within your Silverado.

HuskyMom4300
New Contributor

I am actually having the same issue with my 2020 Chevy Blazer.  My wifi will not work once car is remote started.  Car actually has to be turned off and sit for a period of time and started with the key before my wifi will connect properly.  Really need to figure out a fix as I use remote start everyday!

MultiChevyOwner
New Contributor

Same Here, 2020 Traverse. Wifi keeps going out, I have called Onstar three times from my phone with the standard reply "stop, open door, close door wait, ect, restart." Very frustrated that a service I pay for all month long only works randomly. As well the blue Onstar button will not connect me to anyone now, acts like it's putting me through but just never goes thru so I look up ph # and call. I have service activated. I have a green light in the car. ..... Onstar, GM, whoever this is an issue that needs to be fixed! 

House417
New Contributor II

I've had the exact same problem everybody has described!!!!  I thought it was just me.  Onstar has been called several times, rebooted etc.  Even told me to have the dealer check.  All to no avail.  If it gets rebooted it may work a couple times with the remote start then goes right back to not working.  No idea what's going on but it really needs to be fixed.  I've had my truck since 2019 and they haven't figured it out yet 🙄.  Very annoying

Sonii
New Contributor

Same issue on a 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali.  Paying for services we can't use is very frustrating.   They can't even fix it after rebooting. 

try54
New Contributor II

follow up,  I will be having Chevy dealer take apart last week of Aug....  will let everyone know what issue is...  thx

Harold-R
New Contributor

I have been having this issue on my 2020 Sierra and Cadillac Xt5, seem no dealer can fix it. I tried to get a refund from OnStar and get the run around evrytime. I am scheduled tomorrow to leave my truck all day for them to try and fix it, the technician stayed on the phone with Onstar for over an hour 2 weeks ago and they said it was fixed. "NOT" If they find the problem I will take the Cadillac in for repair as well.

try54
New Contributor II

sorry everyone,   i had chevy dealer inspect wifi problem all day....  they could not replicate the problem and found nothing wrong..... go figure.  although they did admit that ON-STAR did relay to them that I had been having issues (evidence ?).    i will continue to post any more issues i have. and/or fixes if avail..

MShailor
New Contributor

I have a similar issue. Car has Cellular but the wifi is not turned on. Its random on when it happens. If I drive the car for a little bit then turn the car off and wait the 4 minutes for the system to turn off. Then start the car again it starts working.