cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Onstar Not showing

Buick22
New Contributor

Hello, 

I recently purchased a 2022 Buick Encore GX. I have call Onstar 4 times about my account saying “Onstar and Connected Services are not active” yet when I call, they say I do have an active plan. It also isn’t showing up on the “My Buick” app. Can anyone help me on how to deal with this? Every time I call, the representative I seem to get is very rude and not interested in what I have to say. Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5

Advisor_Shannon
New Contributor II

If you've already pushed the blue OnStar button within your Buick to activate service, it could be possible you need to link your Buick Account with your OnStar account to utilize the features within the myBuick app. Please complete the steps below and if you need additional help, you can reach out to our socialmedia@gm.com email address.

1. Log into your Buick Account via Buick.com or experience.GM.com
2. Once logged in, click on "Plans & Services” from the navigation bar
3. Enter either your OnStar account number or your username (email address associated to your OnStar account)
4. Choose your method of verification (email or text message)
5. Select "Send code"
6. Check either your email address or phone to locate the verification code
7. Once found, enter the verification code into the Buick Account Website
8. Click "Link account" to finish.

Once you have successfully linked your accounts, please log out and the back into your app.

HD
New Contributor

This exact same thing is happening to me in my 2018 CHEVROLET TRAVERSE.  Their system automatically de-activated my account after they sent me a vague email saying that "It looks like you have sold your vehicle, therefore it will be deactivated." I have called multiple times, each time they try to tell me it is a problem with my mobile app, or my phone, or whatever - but they can't explain why it shows "Onstar and Connected Services are not active" on the experience.gm.com website. Did you ever get any resolution to the problem? Each time I call I am put through the exact same useless script, by people who barely understand what I am trying to communicate to them.

SgtJo
New Contributor

Same here. Bought a brand new 2021 GMC Sierra Elevation last year. OnStar CALLED ME to activate the free 30-day service. Installed the MyGMC app as directed and it says "Onstar and Connected Services are not active". I log into my OnStar account via computer, says the same thing! Doesn't make sense.

BreathSlayer99
New Contributor

This is also happening to me. Purchased a 2020 Buick Encore. Set up Onstar from inside the vehicle. They gave me a deal where instead of one month, I got two free. Great. Buick app worked just fine. That trial period has now ended, so I went on my account and bought OnStar Guardian. Now every time I try to use my Buick app, I keeps asking me to set up OnStar. I click on that and it brings me to my My Plans page, and it tells me I have OnStar Guardian all set up......then why can't I use my app? My OnStar account is linked to my Buick account so I don't know what's wrong. I just want to check my oil health without being in the **bleep** car 

We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here. Our apologies for any inconvenience caused by this. There is a known error emerging in our mobile app. Technical teams are aware and investigating. At this time, we kindly ask that you uninstall and reinstall the app or try to tap past any error messages received. If this doesn’t solve your concern, please know our technical teams are working hard to resolve this error as soon as possible. If you continue to have any trouble, please email socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/BreathSlayer99 in the subject headline.