cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my Essentials Plan services change after the 2G network sunset?

Anonymous
Not applicable

After the 2G sunset, some of your Essentials Plan* services will remain the same while others will no longer be available. You will still have 24/7 access to OnStar Advisors via 1.888.4ONSTAR and the OnStar Guardian app.

The Guardian app will provide:
• Emergency Services
• Crisis Assist
• Roadside Assistance
• Mobile Crash Response
• Location Status

You will no longer be connected to:
• Automatic Crash Response
• Stolen Vehicle Assistance
• Turn-by-Turn Navigation
• Remote Key Fob.

*OnStar plan, working electrical system, cell reception and GPS signal required. OnStar links to emergency services. Service coverage varies with conditions and location. Service availability, features and functionality vary by device and software version. 

3 REPLIES 3

CLeeNickel
New Contributor

No upgrade for a 2014 GMC?  This is nonsense.  When OnStar is gone from my truck, I'm gone from OnStar.

ljschoepke
Contributor

My OnStar will be gone and I will not subscribe to any other GM services. Very poor planning and support from GM.

Scooter
New Contributor

With technology and "patches" you would think someone would be able to figure out a fix (patch) for this sunset issue.  I will be one of the "MANY" that cancel OnStar if there is no fix by the end of the year for use as is.  The remote start/key fob is the only reason I pay my $25/month for the service.  If I lose that, you lose me as a customer!