cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OnStar not initializing on start up

plainbeautiful
New Contributor

Every third or fourth time I start my vehicle, my OnStar does not initialize. The light doesn’t come on, and pressing the button does absolutely nothing. I am unable to use my connected services in my app, which is very frustrating since I need to be able to lock my car while it is still running. I don’t understand why this happens only every couple times I start my car. I do have a weak battery and I’m not sure if it has something to do with it if anyone else has had this happen or has any advice for me I’d appreciate it thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3

Advisor_Makayla
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please be aware that for security purposes, the mobile app only allows for 3 successful Remote Starts from the mobile app before having to manually start your vehicle.  If you continue to have concerns with the Remote KeyFob feature of the mobile app, please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com and we ask that you have your subject line as ‘ATTN: OnStar Community/plainbeautiful' so we may reference back to this post. 

plainbeautiful
New Contributor

This is not a remote start issue. My vehicle doesn’t even have remote start.  This is happening when I key start my car.  

Thank you kindly for this clarification. We would be more than happy to discuss these hardware concerns and further assist you. Moving forward, we do ask that you email us at socialmedia@gm.com with ‘ATTN: OnStar Community/plainbeautiful' in the subject line. From there, we will be in the best position to help.