cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic App Charge

RS
New Contributor

I think it stinks that Chevrolet is now charging you for the basic service, such as remote start and vehicle unlocking. I have several other vehicles from different manufacturers who don’t charge. This was in effect when I purchased my vehicle and should continue on those vehicles that were purchased when that service was in affect. New vehicles are expensive enough without an additional monthly rip off

1 REPLY 1

Advisor_Makayla
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please be aware that as of 2018, OnStar has moved forward with launching new service plans. These new services give members a choice and enable them to pay only for what they want. For many digital services, it is common to have a limited “free” feature set and offer an expanded set of services for a fee. Certain app features are still available at no charge with Connected Access. Our team would be happy to look into any discounts or offers you may be eligible for that include access to Connected Services like the Remote KeyFob feature. If this is of interest to you, please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com and we ask that you have your subject line as ‘ATTN: OnStar Community/RS’. We'll be sure to keep an eye out for your message.