cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 Buick Enclave Onstar button Intermittently Red and no audio works at all. HELP!!!

dh19
New Contributor

My red onstar light will come on and I lose all audio intermittently.  I can change radio stations, change song selections on my phone, but can't hear anything.  I can dial out for a phone call, but can't hear anything that the other person is saying until I switch to my phone speaker.  I have taken videos of the problem when I haven't been able to get to the dealer during the problem.  I have taken it to the dealer four times (although it has happened far more time).  The first two times, they told me to bring it back while it was having the problem.  The third time, which was only a month ago, it was having the problem and I drove straight to the dealer.  They did a software update and gave me the car back.  Now, exactly one month later, same problem.  I brought it in again.  They said they can't duplicate the problem so they can't help me.  It old them the previous time it was not working when I brought it in.  I was told "well that's because you brought it in later in the evening on a Friday"  It was 5:45 which is when it started having the problem.  I guess they didn't bother to try to fix it when it broken??? Just turned it off til the next day which will reset it and it will work again and the red light will go back to green?  The problem is intermittent but it's a big problem.  I called GM today who started a case for me.  The very nice rep called onstar who told her there was a module malfunction.  I called the dealer back and they don't seem to believe me because while he was on the phone with onstar he was leaving me a voicemail (he called and I couldn't pick up, but I guess he didn't disconnect my call) so I heard him questioning about whether someone would have told me there was a problem  SOMEONE DID!  The GM rep who called onstar for me!!!  I have a case number! I am ready to trade in the car for something that is not GM at this point which is a shame because other than this, I like the car.  I am very frustrated.  For the amount of money we pay for these cars, the features should work all the time or certainly be repaired when they don't.

1 REPLY 1

Advisor_Helen

We do appreciate you bringing these ongoing concerns to our attention. Our team would like to apologize for any poor experiences. This is certainly not the ownership experience that we strive to provide our members. If you would like us to take a further look into your case, please do not hesitate to email socialmedia@gm.com with ATTN: OnStar Community/dh19 in the subject headline. We are here to help to the best of our abilities.