cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 GMC Canyon Onstar Issue

jkleinknecht20
New Contributor

My 2017 GMC Canyon does not appear to have an OnStar Connection, I called support as the MyGMC app was not functioning.  I contacted support and they advised me that they wouldn't be able to help as the light on my mirror was not on.  Does anyone have any idea what to do? The earliest a dealer can get me in is middle of November.  I can still connect to Wi-Fi and Sirus is still working.  The MyGmc app shows last updated diagnostics is in March. 

1 REPLY 1

Advisor_Carol

Hi there. Please know, if the LED light located next to your blue OnStar button is showing as red or off completely, your OnStar hardware will need to be serviced at a certified GMC dealership. When your OnStar hardware needs to be serviced, the mobile app may be unable to communicate with your vehicle properly to update information such as Vehicle Status details or complete Remote Commands. If you have any further questions or need assistance with scheduling an appointment, please feel free to email us at socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OnStar Community/jkleinknecht20" in the subject line. We're happy to help.