cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the OnStar Guardian app?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The OnStar Guardian app is included in the OnStar Safety & Security Plan. Members can download the Guardian app from the App Store®* or on Google Play.™** After the 2G sunset, all Safety & Security Plans will be migrated to the Guardian app (which is $15/month***) by January 2023.

*Apple: Apple, the Apple logo, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. 

**Google Play, the Google Play logo and Google Assistant virtual personal assistant are trademarks of Google LLC. 

***Offer available in the U.S. and Canada only. Must associate and maintain an approved payment method with your account and authorize recurring payments. First month is at no charge; thereafter, OnStar will automatically bill your payment method at the then-current standard rate (currently $15/month plus taxes and fees), discounted to $5/month plus taxes and fees for OnStar members with a paid Connected Services plan (excluding Hands-Free Calling, Data, and Navigation add-ons). You may cancel at any time by calling 1.888.4ONSTAR (1.888.466.7827). May not be combined with any other offers or retroactively applied. Offer subject to change. 

1 REPLY 1

Guy
New Contributor III

I'm pasting something from another thread about the Guardian app features. The admin's post reads, in part, "Mobile Crash Response services are intended for use in select vehicles only and can connect automatically on Android devices only."

I read this to mean that that the feature -- which, let's face it, is completely analogous to what OnStar is FOR, will only work on Android phones and for owners of "select" vehicles. Data from Statista shows that Apple's iOS enjoys a slight majority of smartphone operating systems in the United States. For sake of argument, let's say Android and iOS split the market down the middle, and that a representative population are Guardian subscribers. Only HALF of the subscribers can use Mobile Crash Response -- and that's assuming they have one of the "select" vehicles.

Onstar subscribers with 2G transceivers should consider this when their connections get cut after November.