cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote auto start lost

j2
New Contributor

So Onstar is terminating and so is my remote starter. Onstar services are pretty worthless and I never use however I was shocked to find out they had coopted my remote start. The price of plans is simply not worth it. I purchased my Chevy specifying the remote start as a required capability. Now with this, very disappointed. I guess this will be my last Chevy/GM vehicle. Chevy refuses to address and refers me back to a dealer who is no longer in the picture. Customer service? No.

Sorry Chevy - no more.

3 REPLIES 3

Aceluvjay67
New Contributor II

The remote start was one of the reasons I bought my car just a year ago and now I’m losing that feature plus my key fob will no longer work. This is ridiculous all that we are going to lose because OnStar won’t give us a option to upgrade our systems. I would of never bought this damn car if I had a heads up that damn near every feature will be no longer for us. 

raccerexx
New Contributor

sadly agree. i purchased and maintained onstar for 4 yeqrs now and the only 2 reasons for this was the remote start and turn by turn for vital navigation needs. earlier this year gm sent notices that 2G customers were going to receive some type of adaptor but evidently backed out of that quickly.

so it is my intention as of tues nov2 2022 to sunset all onstar services and i do this with great regret, however as so many have said, the remaining services are not worth the cost at any price, and just look at the reviews the so called great guardian  has gotten.

sadly GM has earned a black eye by multi-generational customers who have no other option than to cut the cord with this company.

regretably,

j.green

Aceluvjay67
New Contributor II

I will be cancelling my subscription on Friday November 4th I refuse to let OnStar get another cent from me. Now I have to dish out money to get a remote starter installed in my car which I should not have to do but OnStar has failed all its customers. Navigation I guess I will use my phone until I can afford to get that also installed.