cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund of payments and nothing but run around and no refund

pmarti6767
New Contributor II

I have since september of this year had Onstar take 315.24 out of my checking account and over draft it everytime. I have called and called and called and all I get it oh Im sorry don't know how that is happening. It shows in my transactions on the site that 3 checks have been issued but nope no check has been received. I finally after multiple calls, I had to call my bank and be charged to make sure that Onstar takes no more money. So I am charged to make sure they take no more money out, I haven't received 3 refunds of anything, tells me it takes 30 days well it is well over the 30 days from the last one and still nothing. I am tired of this BS, I guess I have to take legal action as you guys have caused my account to sit in the negative as I wasn't a subscriber and you managed to take money out of my account as I didn't budget for something I didn't have and only offer me 2 free months. Is there any way to get my refund faster now that I have had 3 times and no refunds and removed my bank information cause you guys have ruined my account and added in a different card. What do I need to do to get my money back not 30 days from now, I want it back immediately, it took you seconds to take it out. I hope you guys aren't screwing anyone else out. but it's hard when I am a student and single mom to understand why you think this is ok, I can't afford it. I want my money back now. I call and get the BS spill of oh it is coming and oh i will check into it and call you back. Nothing I want this fixed; my bills haven't been paid due to your unprofessionalism.

8 REPLIES 8

Advisor_Carol

Our team would like the opportunity to learn more about your situation and see how we may assist. To get started, please send these details in an email to socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OnStar Community/pmarti6767" in the subject line. We hope to hear from you soon.

pmarti6767
New Contributor II

Oh Carol!  I am still waiting for a resolution.  I was promised last week that the money was going back onto my card and nope it isn't.  hope your family gets to eat and gets christmas cause you guys have done nothing but take that all from mine. i am contacting my attorney tomorrow.  if anyone else reads this and is interested in a class action lawsuit please contact me.  

This certainly isn't the experience we strive for. Our team would be happy to check on the status of your resolution. So we may do so, please send us an email with additional details to socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OnStar Community/pmarti6767" in the subject line. We'll be sure to keep an eye out for your message. 

adecker80
New Contributor II

I am dealing with a similar situation. I have had a case open since 2/28/24 and been told on 4 separate occasions that my refund of $664.21 would be processed in 3-5 days and it has been nearly 3 weeks. My account was drafted with no authorization for monthly service charges from August 2022-February 2024. All I did was update my payment method on the app. I’ve been told twice via email and twice on the phone that it has been approved and authorized so why don’t I have it!? This created a significant financial burden for me and I’m getting the runaround.

JJoseph224
New Contributor

I requested my OnStar to be cancelled and ask for a refund. First time I contacted OnStar was March 19th, I was told the service was cancelled and I would be getting refunded. I waited and waited nothing. So I contact them again on April 5th. The advisor said they cancelled the service and refund has been issued and gave me a cancellation number. I'm waiting and waiting and still nothing. I'm going to have to contact again and see the status of this as I requested the refund in a timely manner and was advised I would be refunded. Getting frustrated about the lack of service.

adecker80
New Contributor II

As of today, April 13th, I still have not received my refund that “processed” on 3/15/24. I guess better business bureau is the next step. I called 2 weeks ago and was told it could take 30 days to get a check. If I don’t have this by Monday the 15th I’m taking legal action. This is almost $700!

We understand why you are frustrated with that experience. Our team wants to look into your refund concern. Please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OnStar Community/JJoseph224" in the subject line. We will be sure to keep an eye out for your email.

We understand how difficult it can be to wait for a solution for that long. Please send us an email to socialmedia@gm.com with "ATTN: OnStar Community/adecker80" in the subject line so we can look into this further.