cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t start my truck anymore

Bjinbelgeum
New Contributor

What is up with not being able to use my phone to start and unlock my truck. One of the reasons I bought the truck. What is the point in sell a truck to someone and stop letting them use the feature you sold  the truck because they had those features? What do I do now?

2 REPLIES 2

Advisor_Kaitlyn

There are a number of reasons why your Remote Key Fob is no longer available. Please know that you must be enrolled in the appropriate Connected Service Plan to gain access to this and many other features. For further assistance, please send an email to to socialmedia@gm.com with ‘ATTN: OnStar Community/Bjinbelgeum’ in the subject line. We would be happy to look into your account and provide troubleshooting steps.

SK
New Contributor III

Welcome to the antithesis of support, Bjinbelgeum! I purchased a 2022 Yukon Denali that came with an unlimited PRE PAID plan that was removed and for nearly the month I have owned an $85k vehicle, have been unable to rely on these connected services that also were a selling feature. Still waiting for a "support response" other than "we are working on it" from OnStar. I would suggest saving your hard-earned money and buying a remote start system that has the cell phone connectivity. Take a look at Best Buy and Viper. Buy once and be supported by a company that cares!