cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still no GM update on 2G Sunsetting fix for pre-2015 OnStar vehicles?

hyperlexis
New Contributor II

We're almost half way through 2022 and still no official GM updates on any revised OnStar "2G-Sunsetting" solution for pre-2015 GM vehicles with factory OnStar hardware (2G CDMA) (which without a GM fix, will have "N-OnStar" by the end of 2022 when the US 2G mobile data system shuts down.)

By contrast, I've already received free plug-and-play hardware upgrades for: 1.) A family member's pacemaker modem (See attached image of USB stick 2g to 4g upgrade modem; 2.) A Home alarm system 2g to 4g modem upgrade (see attached photo for the alarm's modem retrofit.)

20220406_193926.jpg

20220406_193941.jpg

Screenshot_20220517-235329_Chrome.jpg

43 REPLIES 43

stevelk_99
New Contributor II

Unbelievable customer service.  Today I get a letter from onstar informing me that they are having difficulty disconnecting my service.  So they want to be take my car of the car out of the garage,  push the onstar button and speak to advisor to help them disconnect it.   I am trying to understand what is in it for me and why in the world I would do anything to assist them?   Now if they want to send an upgrade module I am happy to give them a call and do my own upgrade

13camaroRS
New Contributor III

@stevelk_99  don't even reply. same way GM didn't reply to any of us asking for a 5G solution to our problem

stevelk_99
New Contributor II

It is great to know that SIRIUS XM still works.  They are more than happy to bombard your mailbox with junk mail.  Something I really don't like and won't use. 

TurnThemWheels
New Contributor

I made this video here 

https://youtu.be/dxVRXaOIWvc

a commenter left this comment 

I don’t know if it’s true, or if it works 

please  comment on my video to get my attention as I probably won’t check here. Thanks hoping they fix it 

IMG_2073.jpeg

IMG_2072.jpeg