cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost connectability

gocats72
New Contributor

I lost connection to OnStar on my 2015 Chevy Silverado when you upgraded from 3G to 5G.  I have spoken with several of your technicians without getting success.  I don't want renew OnStar if it won't be working.  Please advice as to what you're doing to remedy this issue.  Thank you,  Ramon Felix

2 REPLIES 2

Advisor_Kaitlyn

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you. AT&T has started the process of shutting down their 3G Network rolling across the US. GM vehicles on the road in the United States today use embedded OnStar hardware with cellular networks for connectivity. As cellular towers transition from 3G networks to 4G or 5G connectivity, a small population of vehicles may experience an issue connecting to OnStar's voice services. Our team is actively working internally and with AT&T to explore solutions for this issue.

Beginning in October 2021, OnStar began executing an over-the-air software update to all active vehicles. Depending on the vehicle, the update may have occurred automatically, or you may have received a prompt in the vehicle to accept installation of the update. A small number of 2015 model year vehicles with an inactive or disabled OnStar system will require an OnStar hardware replacement if services are desired after the 3G network shutdown. Our team can provide exact guidance if we are able to review your account. If this is of interest to you, please send an email to socialmedia@gm.com with ‘ATTN: OnStar Community/gocats72’ in the subject line.

SK
New Contributor III

Save your $ gocats72. The service and support is terrible on its best day. Put it toward a service and company that actually cares about your issue and is capable of resolving it.

OnStar removed my PRE PAID unlimited plan in my brand new Yukon Denali. The services are required for the in vehicle navigation (and other connected services) to work. So, I have an $85k vehicle that isn't being supported and cannot use the in-dash navigation. I hope you don't need their support in an actual emergency.