cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2G ending

Mauioo
New Contributor

Why hasn't onstar figured out a way to update 2G with the 5G for onstar-equipped vehicles?

No one should have to rely on an app. in an emergency.  You got people used to the onstar in vehicles and now if one forgets their cell phone they are not safe in a crash or emergency situation.  Thats not right!

What is onstar doing about this issue besides passing the buck to an app?  The service is way too expensive to rely on an app.

16 REPLIES 16

13camaroRS
New Contributor III

I'd be willing to pay hardware costs for a solution if GM picks up the install price. Otherwise I'm cancelling onstar next month. Then I'll get the new Nissan Z or Acura TLX Type S.

ljschoepke
Contributor

I will also be canceling my OnStar if GM has no update options.

JasonDog3
New Contributor III

I have a 2011 Chevrolet Colorado truck. I have been a loyal GM guy for years, and have paid monthly to OnStar for many years. It's an absolute disgrace that OnStar and GM will not offer a free hardware upgrade to all of our vehicles. They could surely afford this, and it would be a good gesture to their customers who have supported them for many decades.  I had a long conversation with one of the OnStar representatives two days ago about this matter. She told me that the Guardian App would not be able to locate my truck if it had been stolen without my cell phone still being in the truck. Furthermore, OnStar would not be able to unlock my doors if I had locked the keys inside the truck. What a waste this Guardian application is going to be.

GM's failure to upgrade our vehicles is bad business!

We should start a petition to get GM to upgrade our vehicles so that we can have the full features of OnStar and with our vehicles directly connected to OnStar at all times.

13camaroRS
New Contributor III

I cancelled Onstar 2 days ago. The rep asked if the cancellation was related to the 2G issue and I said most certainly.

JasonDog3
New Contributor III

I've started a petition to get our vehicles upgraded: https://chng.it/RqCVdg85xC

JasonDog3
New Contributor III

I have started a petition on this matter: https://chng.it/f8JmG4yxvY