cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2G Network Response by GM is UNACCEPTABLE

kadco
New Contributor

GM, so in 2015 you installed 2G radio's in vehicles when 4G LTE (at the very lease 4G) service was the standard used by cellular carriers. They had already started or were well through the shutdown of the 3G networks. Now in 2021, you have had 6 years to work out a solution for this and all you can offer is 'Call Onstar'? Seriously? What about 'Crash Protection'? What about 'Remote FOB (unlock/lock)?  What happed to this solution? https://www.gm-trucks.com/onstar-data-2g-guardian/

Regards

A really ticked off customer since 2009 (4 Cadillac's, 1 Tahoe)

5 REPLIES 5

ljschoepke
New Contributor III

As I have stated in other threads, I will be cancelling my OnStar service at the end of the year if GM does not have a solution.  VERY POOR customer support/service!!!

Bamafan1973
Visitor

I have told numerous stories, including my local Cadillac superintendent, that you can use your cell phone to connect to Onstar. Not true at all. Who needs Onstar/Guardian, which is as worthless as an AM radio or 8-track tape deck. We paid for Onstar when we bought our vehicles (in my case, a 2013 Escalade ESV Platinum), plus the annual charges. This should take either a software modification or a hardware modification. GM has probably lost me forever. Chrysler has never left me hanging in the wind like this. Very poor.

MatthewM
Visitor

GM did this to me as 10+ years ago with the OnStar in my previous GM vehicle.  I simply can't believe this is the SECOND time second time GM has done this to me, but suffice it to say it will certainly be the last.  This is an issue that GM has had literal decades to plan, design and build systems that will inevitably require upgrades, but have done nothing to make such upgrades available.  

JasonDog3
New Contributor III

I have started a petition on this matter: https://chng.it/f8JmG4yxvY

Amaurosis
Visitor

GM/Onstar should have a better fix for this than "oh, use your cell phone". Simply throwing away your customers who own 2015 or older vehicles is totally wrong and disrespectful. GM should have a replacement option for the cellular network card or if it requires replacement of the entire module, then so be it. FIX THIS GM.